Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Wind And The Echo

I think is was Tuesday that was really windy...bike riding was interesting into the wind. Even when coasting down a hill, the wind could bring you to a standstill. I love it. Fall is the perfect temperature, the days look warm, but not glaring, there's always a breeze, the colors are nice, but I like the green part of fall best. Don't get all technical and tell me when fall starts. I say it's fall.

Bethany and I have been recording some music. Right now having a mike on her guitar makes her nervous and she exchanges her sense of rhythm for some sort of temperamental roller coaster. It's getting there.

Other than that things have been pretty routine. Started science this week. It's not bad. I'm not enthralled by it, but it's necessary, and I don't know nearly enough about it. I'm dreading the PSAT.

Went careercruising. There is no such occupation as a voice actor, and I'm not stupid enough to try to get a job as an actor. There are plenty of wannabes standing in line for that as it is. Looks like my second choices are recording technician and chiropractor in that order. As a recording technician I could still possibly get a chance to do some voice work, but I can do what I already know and am good at: mix audio. Would also be involved in the music industry without being in a band, because, as with actors, their are enough bands lined up wanting to be famous as it is. As a chiropractor I could go to school for eight years and then become a doctor without being in intense or high-responsibility situations. I don't want to have someone's life in my hands, and eye/ear doctors and other things like that seem pretty boring to me. Chiropractors basic job of adjusting backs and necks is pretty simple, really, but it counts as a doctor, and everyone loves doctors.

So the point is, I can't voice act to put spaghetti-o's on the table, so I'll never be truly happy in life. :-)

And now I'll just stop because none of us keep up with these things as closely as we used to be able to.

SOTD: Red - Breath Into Me (Wow, these guy remind me of Skillet. They grow on you and they scream with style.)
Honorable mention: Trace Atkins - Every Light In The House Is On (Same old country song. Guy loses girlfriend and complains for a few verses, with a chorus stuck between them.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No worries for science being on the PSAT. :-) Don't know about the Michigan tests, but the PSAT doesn't do science. Just math, english, and writing. Don't even know if they'll put an essay question on the PSAT. They do for the SAT.

No voice actors. Drat. I thought for sure there were.

Guy loses girlfriend? That's awful.

Ken Tanis said...

Oh gee, easy stuff then.

None that do voice acting exclusively anyway.

Yeah. The basic country song. She takes off, he promises to leave a light on if she wants to come back, then every night he has all the lights on.