Friday, July 20, 2007

"Crack" said the little blue palmpilot.

Movies: The Last Mimzy. Don't waste your time. One of those children's movies that is too deep for the short ones to enjoy, but too childish for the tall ones. The back story was kind of interesting, but the actual movie was not. Plus they had that guy from 'The Office' playing a serious character, which was depressing to watch.

Today being Friday, we packed up pretty much everything at my grandma's house besides my grandma. And some soup and a TV to watch 'Jeopardy' on. Not much of a story there. We just...packed it. Did get a nice piece of writing done though.

The palmpilot is the MP3 player. Trouble is, without a lock switch, it does crazy things when you put it in your pocket. A major use for it is for music to drum along with. Balancing it on your knee isn't an option, because drummers are basically running laps with their legs back there, what with those foot-pedals to stomp on all the time. So the safest place is on the floor tom, the big drum on the far right that is flat and rarely used.

So you drum. You flail all over the place until a drumstick catches your headphone cord.
The MP3 player is yanked off the drum.
It falls.
The touch screen connects with the foot of the drum stool. (drummers call it a throne, I hear)
The screen doesn't work anymore.

So now I'm just going to break down and buy an MP3 player. I'd use it enough to make it worth it, and it would last longer than the palmpilots did, not having touch screens. They're smaller, the batteries last longer, they play videos, etc. Sansas tend to be fifty dollars cheaper than comparable Ipods, and according to the most trusted shopping sites I can find, they're just better in function. Maybe not in design, but whatever. I know a few people who have them, and they're all very happy with them. So. Good-bye money. I guess I'll be putting off new drum heads even longer. :-(

Sister bought the new Aaron Shust CD today. It's cool. She also saw a sign in front of a church claiming that Aaron Shust was going to be there this Sunday. She's looking into it.

Was going to work at Best Metals weeding some more tomorrow, but Dad is going in really early, and we've got a horse fence to take down and move tomorrow as well. He's starting at like 2am, and with weeding requiring a constant crouching position...I'm just not going to push it. Last thing I need is to spend another week as a cripple.

Plus to school starting: other youth groups in the area will start up again. I'm going to go shopping for a new one. My old one doesn't work any more and even I can tell I need to get out some.

SOTD: Aaron Shust - Give Me Words To Speak

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The poor palmpilot...

*will look into Aaron Shust CD*

Good luck with the shopping. :-)

Sentry said...

ahhh. thats why i have that big spongey case on my ipod. makes it really big and annoying to carry but ive dropped i many times and its still fine.

im switching to peace yg. the do alot of sweet stuff and nate is really sweet. the people there are all really nice and friendly. the actually do a bible study and sing songs sometimes. and usually have really fun random games. thats where all my friends from school go too.