Friday, June 29, 2007

Revenge Of The Spinal Fiend

So I haven't posted because I've been crippled. Saturday, my dad and my sister and I were loading up all the larger tools we had used on the roofing/deck-enclosing project into the smallest of our fleet of trailers. He mounts his saws to tables, which makes them easier to work at, but a lot harder to move. This particular table was not very well designed, and you had to lift it from the very bottom whilst balancing the top-heavy ensemble lest the saw fall over.
My back decided it wanted a week or two of vacation. It hasn't hurt this bad since my famous sledding crash a few years ago. Walking from one end of the house to the other and back hurts. Can't bend over to put shoes or socks on, have to sort of twist my leg sideways to get within reach. Obviously can't lift or carry very much. Have to sit on the floor to get into the bottom of the refrigerator. I'd expected it to go away by now, but it hasn't. I know how these poor people feel who are stuck in a wheelchair with exception of still being able to use my legs.. Just so many things you can't do, moving yourself around with your arms as much as possible, etc.

Tried to work at the neighbor's for a while on Monday. After an hour and forty minutes of hauling rocks, gave up. Since then I've spent pretty much all day every day in my chair here. The only physical thing I can do is play my drums. They give everything a workout except my lower back, which is perfect.

Back to Saturday...the siding on the back deck is finished, and when we stopped at Menards to get some more sophet/soffet/Idon'tcareit'sanalluminumsheetthatgoesundertheeaves I also bought a much bigger pump for my garden, along with the stuff to make a filter cage. So now that's running. My sister has the camera today, so no pictures.

Went to youth group on Thursday. That was a mistake. Me, my sister, and my fan club, the WatsonAlexanderAbbotShooks. Even their two-year-old daughter stares at me constantly. As soon as anyone has a plan for getting them to turn on me, I'll buy it from you. The event was at a nearby lake. They brought hot dogs, but no mustard. A charcoal grill, but no lighter, and a can of beans, but no can opener. Dan and Laci must be under a lot of stress of something.

And now today.

BOTW: The band of the week, since I haven't been posting regularly, is Lifehouse. After Casting Crowns and Skillet, they are my favorite band. Similar sound to Sanctus Real, kinda. They have a lot of those songs that play in the background on TV shows that you never pay attention to.

FTTDOTD: Take me to a wheelchair dealership that allows test drives.

EDIT: Finally learned to swallow a pill today. Write a chapter in 'The Tale Of A Pathetic Person' in my honor, Sentry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'Tis an awful fiend.

That's an interesting picnic, there.

*cheers* You had that problem too, eh? They do taste nasty when chewed...